- 1 shot (1 ounce) of espresso or 1/2 cup of strong brewed Lift the Love coffee
- 1 cup of milk (any type works; whole milk, almond milk, or oat milk)
- 2 tablespoons of gingerbread syrup (store-bought or homemade)
- Whipped cream (optional, for garnish)
- Ground cinnamon or nutmeg (optional, for garnish)
Gingerbread Syrup Ingredients:
- 1 cup of water
- 1 cup of brown sugar
- 1/2 cup of molasses
- 1 tablespoon of grated fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon of ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon of ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract
Prepare Gingerbread Syrup (if not using store-bought):
- In a saucepan, combine water, brown sugar, molasses, grated ginger, cinnamon, cloves, and nutmeg.
- Bring the mixture to a simmer over medium heat, stirring occasionally until the sugar has completely dissolved.
- Reduce the heat and let it simmer for about 10-15 minutes to allow the flavors to meld.
- Remove from heat and stir in the vanilla extract.
- Strain the syrup to remove any ginger pieces, and let it cool.
Brew Coffee or Espresso:
- Make a shot of espresso or brew a strong cup of coffee using your preferred method.
- In a separate saucepan or using a milk steamer, heat the milk until it's hot but not boiling. If you have a milk frother, you can froth the milk for an extra creamy texture.
Assemble the Latte:
- In your favorite mug, combine the brewed coffee or espresso with the gingerbread syrup.
- Pour the hot, frothed milk over the coffee and syrup mixture.
- Top your gingerbread latte with whipped cream if desired.
- Sprinkle a dash of ground cinnamon or nutmeg on top for an extra festive touch.
- Stir your latte gently to combine all the flavors, and savor the warm and comforting taste of your homemade Gingerbread Latte.
Feel free to adjust the sweetness or spice levels to your liking, and enjoy this delightful seasonal coffee treat!